- Why it's important to have a paralegal on the trial team.
- How many cases go to trial and how paralegals learn about trial preparation.
- The purpose and importance of the trial binder.
- The various formats you may want to consider for your trial binder and the pros and cons of each.
- A step-by-step explanation of exactly what should be included in each section for each part of the trial (and what should be left out) and the critical information needed to transform a so-so trial binder into a case-changing gold mine of information.
- We'll go into detail about witness information necessary, whether it's contained within the trial binder or in separate witness binders.
- We'll also talk about court rules and judges rules and preferences, and things to keep in mind while preparing for trial.
- Finally, we’ll discuss what you should and should NOT include in your paralegal toolbox, tips and tricks for out of town trials and so much more...
You will walk away with the confidence and skills needed to prepare a trial binder that your trial team will be impressed with, even if you’ve NEVER made one before!
You'll also feel more confident about trial preparation in general, especially if you are attending with your team.
Additionally, we will talk about how you can utilize these skills for mediations, arbitrations, depositions, and more...
As part of this program, you will also receive copies of my trial preparation tools including trial binder index - simple and expanded versions, general and master trial preparation checklists, trial toolkit contents list, exhibit log, over forty potential jury questions, jury summary forms and seating charts, witnesses binder index, witness checklist, information sheet and subpoena letter and lots more.
You will receive all of these valuable materials in Word format so you can get a jump-start and wow your trial team!
BONUS - You'll receive a list of trial-related sample time/billing entries to make sure you are capturing all of your billable hours during the chaos of trial prep!
This class features computer-generated closed captioning.